Happy Birthday Canada – 25 Years In Blind Bay
The South Shuswap Canada Day Celebrations started in 1985, and has evolved into a first- class stellar event. Blind Bay was chosen as the best location for the dynamic fireworks display.
The Shuswap is a tourist destination, bringing people from all over B C, Alberta, and even Europe. Our Canada Day Celebration is one of THE biggest in the BC Southern Interior with an attendance of up to 6000 people. During the day there are many events including: the parade, races, youth entertainment, stage & field events and a collector car show and shine with over 90 cars that participate.
The South Shuswap Canada Society wants to recognize the valuable contributions made by our sponsors and in order to do so we offer some or all of the following depending on the value of the Sponsorship:
- Ads in the Shuswap Market News and Lakeshore News.
- Approximately 10,000 fliers are distributed throughout Blind Bay, Chase, White Lake, Notch Hill, Sorrento, and Salmon Arm.
- 5 Radio spots leading up to the day of the event.
- Cablevision TV Ads available to promote Canada Day Sponsors may participate in the parade –
- Sponsors can bring a float and display it all day.
- Sponsors’ tent on the field provides a display area for fliers, posters, and signs supplied by the sponsors.
- Sponsors’ names and/or logos will be posted on this website
- PA announcements on the field during the day
- Sponsors’ Recognition sign (8’ by 4’) posted on the field
Your Canada Day event is well organized and managed by a loyal, hard-working group of volunteers from the South Shuswap area.
As a registered ‘not for profit’ Society in 1998; funds raised through sponsorships are used to cover the expenses of the event, and to purchase assets such as Canadian Flags, flag poles, generators, a trailer for equipment storage, field tents. Additional funds are required for 2011, for on the field electricity, shade tent rentals and more children and youth events.
Numerous groups such as the Square Dancers, local Aboriginal dancers, woodcarvers and local bands participate in the festivities through song, dance, and craftsmanship and other displays. We especially appreciate The Lions Club as they are on the field by 8:00 am to host a pancake breakfast and beer garden for the rest of the day. Many businesses like Joey’s Only Seafood Restaurant, Putts Parlor, Frankie’s Pizza, and others provided a good selection of food throughout the day.
Come and enjoy July 1rst activities in the Shuswap, bring your family and friends for this Special Event of 25 years in the making.